Burn in discs vs. music for new speakers

I'm expecting a new pair of Sonus Faber Grand Piano's. Does anyone have an opinion on using a specific burn in disc or should I just play music continuously for two weeks? I'm told the speakers require a lengthy burn in period.
smwdrtwin

Showing 4 responses by rodman99999

The above doesn’t include down-firing woofers, such as might be found in a Leslie, or subwoofer system.       I have seen those sag.     Just my own experience (YMMV).        YEP: another 20 yo zombie-thread (as Ralph calls them), resurrected by someone with nothing better to do.   
Anyone paying attention will notice; the B139 and 1814 drivers didn’t have a round frame/front suspension.     The Physics of having flat, horizontal, mountings (in most applications), would come into play, regarding sag      But; I never saw any KEFs or Lowthers, in the shoppe, so- what do I know?      Any documentation/evidence, beside your opinion, regarding the typical, round, front firing woofer, outside of those that have been stored in boxes, face down, for extended periods of time?
SO, Georgie- You’re telling me you have nothing but opinion pieces and anecdotal evidence.      Funny, but- that’s what you're constantly whining about, regarding fuses.          btw: No one, thus far on this thread, has said anything about suspension break-in (or electronic burn-in) not being real.        You just enjoy changing subjects/shifting targets.     You are (somewhat) entertaining to engage in conversation, however, on occasion (good for a laugh).       ie: No one, BUT YOU, ever mentioned fuses in this thread.      Responding to your yourself now?    Skipping your meds (snakes in your head), lately?    
I bought a $69.00 CD/DVD player and this disc, specifically for burning in things: https://www.amazon.com/Cardas-Acoustics-Irrational-Efficacious-Burn/dp/B00OY8UXME       The disc has Pink, Brown and White Noise tracks, that can be played on Repeat.      They do a great job.      There are six Seimens CCAs, that I don’t want to unnecessarily wear, in my system CDP (thus- the cheapo player).                                                 In the decades that I professionally reconed speakers (as a warranty center for EV, Altec, JBL, Cerwin-Vega, Gollehon, Cetec-Gauss and a Waldom reconing center, in Orlando, FL), I never had a repair come in, do to a sagging suspension (unless they’d gotten soaked in something).