After years of separates, I'm going integrated. Anyone else do the same?

I'm rethinking my listening room. I want my audio rack to be more minimalist vs lots of boxes, wires, and clutter. I know separates, in general, will sound better. However, at the level of my system, I'm not certain the difference would be as apparent. In the grand scheme of things of Audiophilia, my level of components are mid-fi at best (BHK Pre, First Watt J2, Elac PPA-2 phono, Pro-ject s2 Dac, ZU Omen Defs)

I'm favoring one of the Luxman Class A's (I know Luxman is getting out of the Class A business. The only way I would favor a built-in Dac is if it were upgradable like McIntosh or Accuphase. I'm guessing a Luxman or Mac built-in phono would sound just as good as to what I have now (Elac PPA-2).

So the question is, who else has gone to integrated? Do you regret the move or are you glad you did?

aberyclark

I've gone from Home Theater separates + Stereo separates to 1 HT receiver  and 1 Luxman 507ux and couldn't be happier.  The amount of cables and reduction in components (not to mention remotes) has been outstanding.

The Luxman integrateds in particular have outstanding preamp sections, the equal of the separate units. 

@audioguy85 Yes prices are quite high. Look at the L-595ase limited edition at $12k (MSRP). The mammoth Mcintosh MA12000 is not much more expensive and would probably hold a little better resale value although Luxman has good resale value

I moved away from separates several years ago and have no regrets.  Since my system is all tube based, I have been considering adding an A/B IA to my system and Luxman would be a fine addition. 

Yes, after jumping all in several years back now working on “right sizing” moving forward. I just  replaced amps, preamp dac and streamer with an all-on-1: Cambridge Evo 150. Working out very well! See my system pics. Full review coming soon. The amps alone sold for more 10 years ago than what I just replaced it with.