Adcom GFA 5500 vs. Parasound A21

Would a Parasound A21 amp be an improvement as a replacement for the Adcom GFA 5500 amp?
ewpon

toolbox149-

get a Bryston power amp to match your BP26 pre amp.

Happy Listening!

toolbox
No, I still have them.. I'm thinking of replacing the 3As with 3.7s first.  Satisfied with the adcom for now..
Toolbox have you looked at the current Adcom like the 565se? I'm checking in to them myself. Too bad they are not using mosfet anymore!
Ewpon
Did you ever get a new amp?   I ask because I'm in the same, basic boat. Bryston BP26 preamp - ADCOM 5500 amp -  Maggie 1.7s.
I just love the way the 5500's MOSFETs deliver music with such an airy, spacious, transparent soundstage.  Unfortunately, nobody wants to work on them anymore and my 5500s are starting to need work more & more often.
One of the amps I'm looking at would be the A-21. Did you buy one or have a chance to give one a good listen?  If so, how do they compare?  I'm not looking for any "upgrade".  I'm looking for a newer version of my 5500s.  ( OK, maybe just a touch more bass would be nice)    😉 
A21 will definitely be an improvement and not a sideways.
You need to check with real owners of Magnepan users on this forum, who use Parasound amps:

http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-Club-Halo-Parasound
Thank you for all your comments.
 Matt M:  I have Magnepan MG 3A speakers, and a Parasound P5 preamp, which is why I asked about the A21.  I assume the A21 would be an improvement but also that it may not be enough to make a change now.  I'm generally satisfied with the sound from the current system.

Adcom was well into decline when the 5500 came around.  The A21 was designed by John Curl, and has class A output for the first several watts.  How is that a move sideways?
I really think your moving sideways. Treat yourself to something special when you want to really pull the trigger. Find out what people are using to drive the same speakers you have. Amps are very critical to speaker matching. Its really tough to offer advice without knowing your preamp and speakers.

Matt M