432 EVO

Thought I would start this thread to gauge interest in this network streamer. I have been following it for a little while now. Just wondered if anyone else had this on their radar. Any comments from current owners would be great.

https://432evo.be/
128x128falconquest

@jerryg123 

100% agree Sense is worlds better than Roon on a Statement and keeps sounding better with improvements.

And there is no fee.  Lifetime subscription included.

Without trying to hijack this thread, does anyone have experience with Ethernet switches?

They better ones are quite expensive and there's offerings from multiple companies - Innuos, Synergistic Research, Ansuz and other brands that are less expensive (from the very little research I've done).

Anyone have experience with Ethernet switches? Do they make a significant improvement?

Thanks to anyone for sharing.

I had the opportunity to stop by Dave Lalin's house (of Audio Intellect Company) to listen to the 432 Evo Aeon this past Friday. 

Dave was a gentleman, he welcomed me into his home and was a very nice host. He showed me 3 rooms filled with LOTS of different equipment. There has so much equipment, by the time we got into the 3rd room, I asked if he was married / had a wife and the way he responded yes - as if to say yes and my wife is exceptional but I know I'm crazy with all this equipment - made me laugh quite a bit.

We listened and discussed many topics. The 432 EVO Aeon is very nice, and while it was in a system different from my own -  it had very good performance qualities that were easy to identify and I'm certainly interested. The fact that they were also feeding a T&A amplifier, which I never heard before and now have a lot of respect for, maintained a very high performance standard. This was different to what I had read about the T&A amplifiers. Just a note - I'm very critical of equipment at this level. I intend to listen to the 432 EVO Master, which is the next step up and top of the line EVO unit.

What I really liked about Dave is he responds honestly and directly. It's very easy to see because there's no hesitation, he's very articulate and he's right to the point. Kind of the exact opposite of today's political talk. "He said it like it is" - and that was independent of discussing brands I own(ed) - which is something I respect because I've worked with audiophile salesman in the past who politely circumvented answering directly my question(s) about equipment I own(ed) - it undermined confidence and was disappointing at that time.

While I haven't been active in this industry for quite some time, I was able to share and exchange a few experiences which we agreed on (live music being used as a performance reference, cables make a significant difference, etc.) - things that I find fundamental as an audiophile. 

Dave has a wealth of experience and information and he was patient with my MANY questions on different products and brands that I haven't had the chance to hear and wanted to gain insight about from his experience (Magico, YG, Rockport, Tekton, Martin Login Monolith, VAC, Gryphon, Legacy, etc.). He recommend the Rocky Capital Audio Fest as a good audio show - which I now plan to attend.

For the record - I had no prior relationship with Dave, I conversed online with him here on this Audiogon website a few times about server / streamers and this was the first time I met him. I have met few people who are matter of fact like Dave. Me being a licensed professional chemical engineer - I appreciate this matter of fact, direct communication - it works perfectly with me.

Negatives: Yes

1 - the visit was too short. I could have spent the weekend with this man and only gotten a fraction of his experience. This because he shares his experience freely and articulates things very well.

2 - I got in a fender bender on the way home. Jersey City is an urban area immediately across the river from Manhattan (beautiful skyline!!!!), best to drive fully alert and very defensively and anticipate people driving very aggressively.

Dave - I thank you on this public form. 

Please let me know when you get a 432 EVO Master to hear as I'd like to stop by again to hear and compare it with the AEON.

07 UPDATE:

We are pleased to announce the 432evo aeon has been included in the absolute sounds latest buying guide:

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2023-editors-choice-best-music-servers-under-10000/?mc_cid=c7674004c7&mc_eid=6e208a2dc6

new new review Stereotimes:https://v2.stereotimes.com/post/432evo-aeon-music-server-by-greg-voth/

The Wrap

It’s nice to know that my finely-honed music organization skills can be easily replaced by Aeon’s automation and great sound. Buy the 432EVO Aeon for the awesome sound it delivers, period!

thank you,

sincerely

Dave and Troy Audio Intellect NJ

US importer 432evo Music servers

Post removed