Is the market changeing?

In every economic cycle there are ups and downs, (Yes, I know it is very profound statement). And so some people tighten up their spending while for others it becomes an opportunity. I certainly see that prices are not where they were a year ago. Stuff is being lowered. Is now the time to pick up that dream piece?

I think it is. I think we are going to see stuff hit the market at lower price points than in the recent past. I�m looking for a TT and also trying to decide whether to upgrade my pre or simply replace it. What would be your dream addition?
luc
Traditionally prices in the summer drop due to people spending more time outside. It will be interesting to see what they do this year
I really havent seen used prices drop but what I have seen is retail prices skyrocketing. The used equipt I see almost always reflects the new higher retail not the retail when the equipt was purchased. I think most of it is due to gas prices (transportation costs) and the american dollar falling. It will be interesting.
I don't see the prices necessarily dropping, however, it does appear that things are not selling as quickly in the past, especially on higher dollar gear. It's a buyers market IMHO.
Ok, it doesn't require advice from Allan Greenspan/ or his replacement/ to understand things. We,'philes make up such a small % of the population---and we're not talking staples like house/home/transportation/food and the like.
We now have so many rich and so many poor and those in the middle are more vulnerable, for sure.
I have what was a hard to find amp a year or two, ago. I paid 3650 and now they go for 2200.---Is that what you mean??