How do you move a 650lbs Rack on Hardwood...

without denting the floor - not scratching - but without denting it?

We use a Middle Atlantic rack with steel castors - thought about going to the roller casters MA sells, but it would increase the height too much.

Thoughts?

Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xporschecab
HOw about a 1/2" sheet of corian or other hard synthetic, or even a sheet of 1/2" plywood?
swampwalker - the corian might be the ticket. I would be concerned with plywood and the steel castors either getting stuck or being tough to roll. The Corian would not have such a problem - question is, can 1/2 Corian be difficult to locate? I will give that a try if no other options are available.

Thanks!!

Dan
If I understand you correctly, you'll use the sheet material to protect the floor while positioning the rack, then you'll remove the protective sheet. If that's the case, how about 1/8" Masonite? It's dense as can be, you shouldn't have any problems rolling over that.
pro flooring installers use a pneumatic lift for moving heavy furniture, its essentially an air bladder that is filled using a compressor and the load slides across the floor on a cushion of air with nary a scuff. I bet you could rent one for an afternoon.
Hi

When we install Master Reference Speakers 520lbs each on casters we bring along 2-3 sheets of 1/8" masonite board to roll them in on - works just great.

Good Luck

Peter