Where are the female Audiophiles?

Based on my limited experience, I would guess that 98% of Audiophiles are male. But 51% of our population is female. What gives?

In this age where females and males are equally represented in Universities and in the Professions, why is this still true?

I would guess that it is a cultural thing, can't be genetic can it?
Is it different in other parts of the World?
hdomke
Thanks for the offers guys but we'd inevitably fight about whose gear sounds better and what CD/record to play!
Not me. I hate fighting. I had enough of that with my last wife. She hated my stereo, however. I figured we could sell my system and just enjoy yours. I'm easy. You pick the music.
Hdomke...I don't think anybody is speaking in absolutes. Albert was speaking in general terms and there are many exceptions to the "rule". Thus the phrase "women are less likely to..." However, it is scientific fact that men and women have different brain chemistry and construction, along with general differences in physiology.

I've only known two female audiophiles in 30 years, and, as in Ferrari's experience, both were real musicians. I've also noticed in 38 years of buying jazz albums that there are almost never any women in the jazz section. (Of course, I haven't been to a record stores in months and only go a couple times a year now.) My sister-in-law pretended for a few years to be "really into jazz" but had never heard of Miles, Coltrane, Parker, Monk, Blakey, Mingus, Rollins, etc.