Crank it up just once

Howdy. I did a couple of searches & really didn't come up with a good thread. I have the notion of wanting to crank the heck out of my system just once. We all have a lot of mmoney invested in our systems & frankly I am seriously paranoid about frying something. BUT it would be a gas to try it a time or two. Maybe a little Dark Side of the Moon, both sides start to finish..? Any insight on doing it without fritzing something? System is; Krell KRC2, pre; Krell KPE Reference phono; Krell FPB300cx, main: Krell Infinity Rennaisance 90 speakers. Highest I have had it is a little past 1:00 (volume)with the gain on high. And that is with the phono. Maybe 12:00 with th CD player. Room is big enough, but my nerve isn't.
jsd52756
Go ahead, crank it up. What's the worst you can do, fry a couple drivers? Who amongst us hasn't done that? Oh, only me? Never mind. :)
Yeahhh Baby...I've dun it!
It was 1980 and I had finally saved up enough money to get the Sony receiver that I couldn't live without, off lay-a-away at my local HiFi shop. My big night was in motion. After getting everything hooked up with a new roll of 18 ga lamp cord and my Supertramp album cued up I was ready. I cracked open a beer, fired up the old turntable and cranked it up.
Way up.
My euphoria was short lived. Ten seconds and POP...POP. The smell of something burning. Could it be?
I had blown not one but both of my Avid speakers.
Anyone remember Avid speakers? The rubber surrounds had both disintegrated.
The following weekend I was back at my local HiFi shop buying new speakers.
I guess it was fun while it lasted, but I haven't done it again.
Oooohhhh to be young again.
Shadorne has a good point about distortion and blowing speakers.

If your KRC2 drives your FPB300cx to clipping (which might be audible), your mids and tweeters are in danger. Also, if you can hear bass distortion, it could easily be caused by the woofers being overdriven, a prelude to blowing out.

Accordingly, I wouldn't turn it up beyond the point where it stops sounding good.
Jameswei nailed it! All audiophiles will pretty much agree about "the point where it stops sounding good."! That's the best guide you have.