Guitar player? , What model do you own or play?

Just wondering if there are any guitar players here, including the once-every-third-weekend-for-5-minute types ?

What make or model do you play?
soniqmike
I am not a guitarist myself, but my nephew is. I thought you guys might like to see the custom made guitar he plays. It is a Myka guitar. If you go to mykaguitars.com and click on the Gallery page, his guitar is the 3rd. one from the top. This is the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen! Click on the picture of the 3rd. guitar from the top and there will be many great pictures of it (including pictures of the build process) If you click on the sound clip at the bottom (after the last picture) you can hear a sound clip of the guitar. The guy who build the guitar is David Myka. He lives in Buffalo, New York I think. I have no affiliation with him, just thought you guys might like to see his work. My nephew Carl loves his guitar. Carl also plays a Suhr guitar. If anyone checks out Carl's guitar, let me know what you think. I almost forgot, Carl was able to pick all the woods and the design of the guitar himself and David Myka sent Carl e-mails with pictures of the entire build process. Check out the unique placement of the tone controls.
Guitar: Early nineties Black Fender Strat with EMG active pickups. Bass: PBC custom 6 String.
I am a bass man. Yamaha BB 350 with a Peavey Basic 112, 50 watt amp. I jam with CD's and FM.
Electrics: '94 Hamer Strat, maple neck, '93 Hamer t-52 tele. These Hamers are really excellent instruments for a mid level price, every bit as good as any Fender custom shop I've played. Hamers are IMO, one the best values in guitars. Also got a '82 Tokai TST56 Strat. After installing a real Fender bridge, this thing is a killer good axe, it nails the tone of a vintage strat. The neck is the best of any I've felt, so comfy. Also have a mid 90's Robin Avalon, a great Les Paul style guitar made by a small shop in Houston. In acoustics, an '86 Alvarez Yairi d45 and a Larrivee Pete Anderson OM3 cutaway 14 fret suit me fine. I don't gig, so an Allen "Class Act" and a Tech 21 Trademark 10 cover my amp needs.
Ibanez Artwood series acoustic. Started taking lessons at 40 and three years later still struggle--what a reality check! Went to see Cowboy Junkies last night and was happy to be able to pick it up and play a few of their songs for my own entertainment. I wish I made the time to practice more but life always gets in the way.