Buyer Beware of Late Part 2

O.K., so I realize it's not Audiogon's job to protect us from our own stupidity, but the scammers keep coming! The latest was by Kokilo and Smith00, both advertising B&W speakers at super discount pricing (red flag #1) with no feedback (red flag #2). This time, however, Kokilo listed an Iowa zipcode, right in my neck of the woods, so I thought I'd have some fun. I replied that I wanted the speakers and would pay cash, but would pick them up in person, please reply. No answer. I sent another email stating that Audiogon had given me his address (they don't, just for the record) and I was on my way to pick them up. No answer. I then told him that my brother-in-law, an Iowa State Patrol officer would be with me and not to be alarmed when his patrol car pulls up in front of this house. No answer again! My last email stated I was on my way and have the speakers ready to go. What a surpise..no answer! As of last night, he had "sale pending" and now, he's no longer a member of Audiogon. I really hope no one sent this thief any $. Buyer beware, don't be stupid, know who you're dealing with.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdave43
Dave43, this sounds a lot like an Indonesian scammer off Audioweb who used to list mint Audio Note Ongaku($90k new) amps for $2,000. Oddly, he used an Orange County, CA zip code that is only 20 minutes from me.

Out of fun, I sent an email inquiring about the AN amps mentioning that I was just minutes away and would it be alright if I dropped by to check them out. His reply was that he had just moved to Indonesia since the he placed the ad, but not to worry he would pay shipping.

The guy also used to have ads for mint condition Linn LP-12 turntables with all upgrades for $1,000.
Thanks Eldarado I appreciate that advice.

On topic: I havent heard a word back from the "seller" about a pair of B & W 800s for $5000.00. I told him I was in his area and would bring over the cash and pick them up. No reply.
Yup, they are back! But hey, look at it this way, they are paying six bucks to make asses of themselves.

8>(
Krell FPB-600 for $1500. Sounds like a good deal to me. $12,000 amp for $1500- I can hardly wait. I sure hope that Audiogon can do something-we don't need a Audioweb clone.
I wish to interject.
On the flip side, you can have scam buyers. I have come across several prospects, which I suspect as scam buyers and I just ignored or pass on their offer to purchase. I had the same story line that was recently written about on the current issue of Stereophile.

These buyer(s) advised that they will send me a cashier cash/money order from a friend (3rd party) that happens to owe them money, albiet this may be true.

I had another buyer that wanted to come to my home and pick up, like cash and carry. But this member was new and had zero feedback. I am cognizant of inviting stranger to my home and putting myself/family at risk. Any of you been in a similar situation. If so, I wish to hear your experience.

Note: I have invited several gon members with a long standing history to my home for audition, etc. but I am leary of some complete stranger with no history popping up out of the blue.