Is Star Sound Technologies out of business?

I didn't know where to post this....I was trying to check out the audiopoints, but most of the www.audiopoints.com Web site just shows the dreaded box with the red X, can't seem to open up the pages.

Are they gone, or is it just a server problem??

OakIris/Holly
oakmoss93f2
HOLLY

go to your local auto parts store (preferably not a chain store) & ask them for an "easy out" they are pretty cheap & are designed to remove threaded bolts by drilling a hole in the center of the bolt then putting the easy out in the hole,while you loosening the screw the easy out will be tightening itself due to reverse threads.

it all sounds bad but it should only take about 10 minutes to remove the broken shaft.

mike.
Tom (theaudiotweak) - I live in Colorado (Denver metro area.)

I did indeed consider using an easy out to remove the threaded insert, but that would mean placing the equipment rack on its side to do this. At 350 lbs, there is no way I could do this on my own, even with the use of my heavy duty dolly. If I can't lift it, this would also risk snapping off the other three Audiopoints. (You should have seen me getting this rack into my house from the car port where the delivery company left it. I had to remove the granite shelves first, which ended up in at least one smashed finger, because I could not move it at all with the weight of the shelves. I ended up damaging the wood in a few places, too.)

I'll have to wait until I'm feeling really ambitious before I take on this project, but I will keep it in mind!

Holly

Holly,
If you need new isolation equipment, try the Adona gear advertised on Audiogon. It is equal to or better than the its' higher priced competitor discussed here.
The manufacturer as listed in the thread title does not design or build isolation equipment. I am a dealer of Starsound products. Tom
Thanks for the suggestion Judy426, but I will stay with the Audiopoints. I am not knocking the Adona cones as I know nothing about them, but would prefer to match the other cones I already have.

Holly