whats the biggest mistake you made?

ever sell a peice of gear then realize you made one big mistake or find a better way to run it after its allready gone?

for me it was the mcintosh mc2102 tube amp that wasnt cuttin the mustard or so i thought,since then ive tried many amps & none have gave me the same feeling as that amp.

most of the changes ive made over the years have been good or atleast i could live with them but that one change really taught me alot,im taking things alot slower nowdays & taking the time to hear the different gear i bring in before rushing to decisions.

mike.

128x128bigjoe
Selling my Berning EA-230/Chartwell LS3/5a combination.

Selling my Marantz 150 tuner. Never get rid of a 'scope tuner! It would have been fine for AM and the 'scope was great for system trouble shooting.

Buying a/d/s CM7 speakers. I don't want to trash these speakers; it's just that they didn't mesh with my then BEL 1001 amp.
hooper,your a mess,i love it,i too had a hissy fit with one of my rigs,i had an equlizer that i couldnt get right & i ended up throwing it down a flight of steps,damm that felt good.
Getting sucked into the whole Naim Audio spiral was a big mistake for me. Luckily, I bought wisely and didn't lose money. However, my wife said that she's never seen me so agitated and upset at the state of my system. I'm glad I got out while I still had my sanity (and bank account) intact - I was about to drop seven figures on the 252 preamp!

Audio Research and Totem have shown me that incredible sound quality doesn't have to cost a mint. It's not cheap, but that's all relative :)
Biggest audiophile mistake was not buying thousands of Lp records more than I did in my youth. A quick second was not buying a good friends Aesthetix Callisto Signature for dirt cheap (relatively speaking) before he begrudgingly put it up on AudiogoN. Hmmmmmmmmm!
Two mistakes... (1)buying all my gear at retail prior to finding Audiogon, and (2)tried two different home theater systems at retail prices, only to realize you get bigger bang for your buck with simpler, high quality 2 channel system (no offense to home theater fans).