Pure Music or Amarra with iMac

Getting a music server system set up and bought a iMac especially for the purpose. This feeds via USB /I2S into my own DAC for best sound quality.

For playback what do you guys suggest Amarra or PureMusic, and how do you access your library remotely from an iPad or iPhone. I have gotten my toes wet with PS Audio PWD / eLyric and I think that the remote interface works extremely well with PS Audio but have had some trouble with it otherwise.

Also im about to start ripping my substantial CD collection 3 - 4K of them any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks in advance

Peter
128x128pbnaudio
I own both Pure Music and Audivrana + and have demoed Amarra. My preference is Audivrana.

Macs dynamically select USB ports so sometimes you have to fiddle around to ensure connection to one of the high speed USB ports.

I recommend using XLD to rip your library into iTunes.
I have tried all 3 in question here and my order of preference is Audirvana+ > Amarra > Pure Music.

To me Audirvana+ is the most transparent and dynamic. I think there is something to direct and integer modes with Mountain Lion.

Obviously these things are system-dependent and subjective. All software products like this have a 2-week trial to allow your own personal evaluation.
Thanks all for the suggestions, I think I've settled for the Audirvana+ Sound is excellent and integration via Remote software to iPad/iPhone is excellent.

Good Listening

Peter