How do I bypass KMixer in Windows XP

Guys;

I have searched the threads and still have been unable to determine how I can set up my external USB Dac to receive a USB feed out of Windows XP WITHOUT the signal passing thru KMixer.

I'm struggling to figure out if there's a fairly easy way to do this, or if a move to Vista- or a MAC- is the way to proceed.

Your direction is appreciated!
danlib1
Can anyone explain how to get teh ASIO4all driver to work with Windows Media Player 11?
Hi just go to the link above " Windows XP Audio Playback - Setup Guide'. It explains how to setup WMP. I would advise using Foobar or J.River media jukebox instead of WMP. The J.River jukebox is free and really runs circles around WMP.
You're welcomed Danlib1.
Can anyone explain how to get teh ASIO4all driver to work with Windows Media Player 11?
Another way is to unmap the device. Here are instructions:
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=40068.0

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
I was using Window Vista, but decided to use my old laptop with Win XP instead. I will continue to use iTune via USB to Benchmark DAC-1.

Some questions after reading this thread.

1. I followed the instructions in Benchmark website, but I can't adjust the volume once I had my Benchmark attached as the volume was grey out. does that mean I don't need to worry about it any more?
2. if I followed all the steps in Benchmark web, does that mean I don't need ASIO4all?