mixing tube brands

do most folks try to keep power tube brands same as signal tube brands or do you mix it up a bit--ie EH power tubes and tungsol signal tubes in an amp--thanx
shel50
Triode Lab (Tube de Force) mixes tubes based solely on how it functions and sounds.
Hi Shel50

With My Jolida 502P amp I mix tube brands all the time with varying results.

I always keep the power tubes the same brand and type but change around the driver etc.

E.g. I'll take keep 4 Tung Sol KT-120 tubes in the power section and put in a pair of Penta Labs 12AT7 tubes and a pair of Preferred 7025 tubes up front for a more detailed presentation. For a more relaxed presentation I'll swap in Mullard CV4024 tubes with Tung Sol 12AX7 tubes. All the while I'll keep the power tubes the same.

Sorry if you know this already but be careful when making preamp tube changes or tube changes in general. Never switch them out while the amp is on or has not been powered off for a little bit.

Enjoy the tube swapping. It can make you crazy sometimes. At one point I had to write down all the different combinations and keep them separate.
Yes, if you want to. It is totally up to you. What is the equipment in question?