Anti static foam?

I'm thinking about trying this tweak and am curious how you install it (Elizabeth?). Do you just pack it in your equipment or do you have to put something between the foam and the boards? I don't want to start a fire or short out a circuit. At the low cost of this anti static foam, and with the crazy amounts of static I have here in the cold dry air here in Colorado, I'm thinking that this would be a worthwile thing to do but I just need some instruction on what and what not to do when installing the foam in my components and which components I can do and which ones I shouldn't do. Thanks!
128x128b_limo
I would definitely not put this stuff in your amp. Not even against chassis walls. What ever you put it in, it will insulate. I mean it will keep and accumulate heat. That would absolutely change the sound of your amp. Probably your pre-amp also. I wonder if anyone's done any listening tests using identical components with and without it.
B_limo...I get the occasional little zap here and there, but I would never classify it as a "crazy amount". I was born in this part of the country and have lived here all my 53 years.

Maybe I'm just immune to it :-)
Bounce dryer sheets. Place atop gear and touch before touching any gear. Works wonders and is dirt cheap. Also, increasing the relative humidity in your listening room is a very good idea. Buy a decent humidifier and most of your troubles go away...

-RW-
Post removed 
This seems like a good time to mention that static has nothing whatsoever to do with RFI. Carry on, smoke if you got 'em.