Static electricity Killin me.

Everytime I get up and touch any part of my rig I shhot a two inch lightning bolt onto my equipment. It's gotten so bad that I'm picking the equipment I figure it has the least impact on to shock, before I touch the piece that I'm actually after. You guys experience the same thing? And if so, what's the best way to get rid of the buildup? Speaker binding post? Cd player chasis? If I touch the wadia 170i first, it actually stunts it for a second.
128x128b_limo
Bounce dryer sheets. Place one atop your equipment and touch it first. This really does work WELL!

-RW-
Spray the room with Static Guard once a week. It can really make a difference. Lightly spray cables while playing music. I hold the can at arms length way above the cables so they just barely get touched. Usually you can hear the SQ improve as static goes away.
"Usually you can hear the SQ improve as static goes away."

Of course you can.

It's not the equipment causing static electricity it's the path on the way to the equipment.
One other solution is to run a exposed ground wire to your cabinet and affix it where you can easily touch it each time your approach your system. That will eliminate any popping or ticking that may be heard through your speakers.
That is of course if the humidifier doesn't solve it. But I had that same issue years ago and just had a small copper wire at each front corner and just touched it before
I touched any button, knob, etc.
I touch a corner of drywall to ground me out. The drywall has metal corner bead and will ground it out. Its right next to the system so I dont have to move and create more static.
It was bad for a while, when I touched my Krell KRC2 it would send it into mute mode.
-John