DUPLEX RECEPTACLES YOUR EXPERIENCE

Greetings ! I just ran a couple of dedicated lines for the audio gear , I am going to use two receptacles per double gang box . I was thinking 0f using some higher end receptacles, Synergystic , Porter . furetech or ? perhaps mixing up two different ones in the same box, I can hook these up daisy chain fashion so it will be a unbroken line from breaker to duplex. I would appreciate any imput regarding your experience and of course some reccomendations
lezdam
I use Oyaide R1 and am a sceptic all the way.....but they really do work. Hate the Dark Arts of all this. Blacker background, bit more open.
****DEALER DISCLAIMER******

I always like to use an upgrade from standard outlets for good measure and a better grip on the power cable.

Generally I do not expect reveletory changes in performance from a duplex upgrade.

I recently replaced a mid level outlet which shall remain nameless in my reference system with the Furutech GTX combo including the wall plate, GTX-D (g) outlet and carbon fiber outlet cover and there was definately an audible improvement incl improvement in tone colors, vividness and blacker background.

Going forward when designing reference systems for myself or clients, they will always include the Furutech GTX-D with wall plate.
I have 2 dedicated 20 amp lines for my system. There are 2 sets of duplex outlets per box. I was using Hubble hospital grade outlets I had bought from a local electrical supply store and thought everything was good. On a whim, I bought 4 Shunyata duplex outlets and I was amazed at the difference. The entire system sounded clearer. I was so impressed, I went with all Shunyata power cords, a Hydra and Guardian power conditioner. It was the finishing pieces to a great sounding system. Money well spent.

Bob
I as well ran dedicated line and used hubble hospital grade duplex receptacles. Better grip on the plug was my excuse.
I also have dedicated lines and use a Shunyata RZ1(?) receptacle on one and a Hubble hospital grade on the other.

On a whim I replaced the single plug(not duplex) Hubble with an old FIM, blue duplex.

What a difference.
More of all the good stuff.

I always knew better receptacles made a difference, but I was not prepared for as much of an improvement the FIM duplex made.

There was nothing wrong with the single Hubble receptacle, it was tight fitting, but the FIM duplex just added more depth and front to back image and seemed more like a component or wire upgrade.

I suggest trying several different receptacles,until you find the one that does more than the others.