CANADIANS - Can we use the PS AUDIO Power Port AC

I have read the PS Audio site and can this Power Port AC receptacle be used on 15 and 20 amp outlets in Canada?
Is it legal over here in Canada to used this receptacles?
Our designs are pretty similar to the AC guide lines of the US.

I dont wish to void my insurance or introduce any other issues, truly appreciate your input.
rapogee
Your best bet is to contact PS Audio to see if their receptacles meet Canadian code. I would assume so since they are marketed to Canadians and that their power plants meet Canadian standards.
Hey Rapogee, if the product is stated to meet code thats just words. The product itself must clearly me marked itself with CSA standards somewhere on the back or the face of the metal mounting plate and meet UL standards. Any electrical item no matter where its made if sold for use in Canada should have it. Any stereo peice you buy made from anywhere in the world you may own, if you bought it from a distributor or dealer here in Canada its always clearly marked on the back it meets CSA standards and is UL listed. You bring up a very interesting and probably overlooked question. I would suspect the outlet itself they use meets standard, however what they add to the design and the small windings and so on may or may not. I would thoroughly check this out as the electrician is not wanting to install something he would be culpable for and you don,t either if in the slim but possible chance of insurance problems. We all can agree if there is an out the insurance company would always find a way to not pay. I would be surprised if the Power Port did not meet code but the differance in knowing for sure and guessing can be costly. They do make quality stuff and have been around and selling in Canada for sometime. Contact them directly at the very least. Cheers
Thanks Has2be,

Thats exactly my point, I am aware of how good these things are, no explanation need but from a regulatory point of view...I dont wish to cripple myself in any way.
I can easily do this my self and let the Electrician sign my papers for me... but this guys I have is a good electrician. I trust him...and he said, its best to do it right from the start. My place is a brand new home, he checked the gauge wire first before even considering changing it. He just reminded if you dont go by full code regulations... Insurance companies love that when you get into trouble. I will call PS and find out more. There should be a lable that says we are good to go. Thats what I need. Thanks