HELP I think I have an electrical issue??

A few months ago I had 2 20amp dedicated lines with hospital grade duplex's installed. All was well with my Bel Canto Ref1000 mono's. Well a few days ago I just got a pair of Genesis m60 tube amps. I was noticing a clicking noise coming through my speakers. I first noticed this when I was just warming up the amps with no source on. Then I also noticed the clicking when a source was on with music playing.

So it turns out that the clicking noise is my electric ignition of my gas furnace, is somehow playing through my speakers (Or maybe its just one of them, not exactly sure yet) This is a very strange and annoying. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Tim
tmesselt
Jea48
I said I knew about the IG and non IG Hospital grade outlets. I will depend on what and from whom they purcahase the outlet from the PS Audio Power Ports are IG.
How electrical is run and is terminated will differ from state to state and the NEC is a referance for states to write there own. Some states are more lax on the NEC rules, some are not and some add rules. MEC and not the NEC is what I have to go by.

Here in Mass home owners can only pull wires with an electrician (for now anyway) but not terminate no matter the voltage, legally anyway. Not even a thermastat or doorbell.

In NH you run and terminate as long as you own it.
Your state may be differant then mine is.
Jen48,

I called my inspector today and asked him why I had to change the pastic boxes to metal on the IG outlets on a job he inspected for me 2 months ago. I am putting this in layman terms. If there is any METAL on an outlet not used for powering the outlet it must be grounded no exceptions.
He also said if I could find an outlet without metal tabs for mounting then the way I had it would have been fine.

Do you know of any?

Sorry if I blabbed or you thead Tmesselt.
I am putting this in layman terms.
LOL, not for my benifit I hope?

I called my inspector today and asked him why I had to change the pastic boxes to metal on the IG outlets on a job he inspected for me 2 months ago. I am putting this in layman terms. If there is any METAL on an outlet not used for powering the outlet it must be grounded no exceptions.
He also said if I could find an outlet without metal tabs for mounting then the way I had it would have been fine.
03-30-09: Hevac1
AHJ.... He has the final say.... Did you ask the inspector if he would approve a bonding strap, wire, from the yoke of the recept to the grounding conductor?
Curiosity killed the cat... You are an electrician, why were you using an IG recept on a non metallic raceway installation?

As far as NEC 2008 406.2 (2) if a non conductive cover plate is used it is ok to use the IG recept.
We don't know what the AHJ would have to say where Tmesselt lives.

Curious where did you read in Tmesselt's responses where he said his hospital grade recepts were IG?

Layman terms was not for your benifit but for others.

I asked before and was told Metal box only allowed.

Too much metal for a home too afford. BX not allowed.

Differant state rules.

I asumed it was IG.

Will email to explain further.
How old is your house and the develepment. Most new house the gas and electrical are plastic not metal. The piping to your house could be plastic also so grounding to them will do nothing. In that case the electrician puts 2 rods in the ground 6 feet from each other for house ground.

My house was built in the 20s, although I just had gas service ran to my house last fall and that is when the furnace was installed as well. The gas lines are metal in my house.

Also last fall when I moved into the house the ground was actually not grounded to anything. So I had an electrician come to reground the house. 2 were ran, 1 to the water main and the other he ran a ground rod in the ground.

Tmesselt,
By chance do you have a gas fired cloths dryer?
If so have your wife start the dryer while you listen for for any ignitor clicking noise sound from your speakers.

I do have a gas dryer, I will try this tonight!

So based on all of the suggestions I have a starting point to begin to hopefully isolate where my issue is coming from. So on another note though, I am using 12/2 NM-B romex and so with this wire I can not correctly run an isolated ground?? If so, what is a good receptacle that I can use in place of my hospital grade outlets with isolate ground, (note: these are no longer in my system) I heard suggestions of a Hubbel above but I think that had an IG??

Thanks again for all of the feedback!!
Tim