FM static?

For years I've enjoyed pretty decent FM reception. Recently I've been hearing static along with my music. This is most noticible during typical day/evening hours and a bit less so during the wee moring hours. I haven't added or changed any new electronics to my home since this happened. My other source works fine. I tried alternating between a Denon TU-800 and a Denon TU 680-NAB with the same results. This is most dissapointing. I called the FCC to find out if the local Broadcasters applied for any changes. That was a complete bust, after a fairly lengthy process, the FCC offered absolutely no help and suggested I call each and every broadcaster that my tuners pick up. Ha! I called the local utility company this morning, they said they would look into it. I haven't heard anything as yet, but it really hasn't been that long since I called. What gives? What can I do? BTW, I've never recieved very good over the air TV reception here.
unsound
Apart from weak signals, I have experienced static only from automobiles passing by on the highway. Shielded 300 ohm twinlead solved the problem. Now I have 75ohm coax with a rf amp at the antenna.

I am located in a "fringe" reception area.
Edartford, thank you for replying. Weak signals don't appear to be the issue. The TU 680-NAB's signal meter fully lights up and the TU-800's signal meter lights up to about 2/3 of the way. I currently use 75 Ohm coax as suggested by the manufacturer of the tuners and the manufacturer of the antenna. I had no problems with this set up untill fairly recently. I usually listen to the radio for many hours each day. This new development is really taking away that joy.
Try cleaning or even reterminating the coax. When I was having problems with cable TV the technician reterminated a couple of coax wires which looked perfectly good to me, and this completely eliminated the problem.
Did your FM station recently change over to Digital FM broadcasting? If so, that may be your problem. It is my understanding that even with a normal signal you can still get static from a digital FM broadcast especially if you are not using a digital FM radio or receiver. It might be advisable to give your fm station a call.