What made you select "audio" as your hobby

I've read many posts here on Audiogon as to the extremes many of you have gone in pursuing sound perfection.
I wonder what made you select this "nutty hobby" in the first place??
goldeneraguy
The Beatles, a transistor radio and WABC NY in the early '60s. Like someone has stated previously, I didn't select it, it selected me. It's not about the equipment. It's about finding and hearing great music. Equipment increases the level of enjoyment. Fun is finding great stuff - source and delivery components - at a bargain price.
I think music selected me. I come from a pretty musical family so I have always loved listening to music. I then started to really collecting music when I was 15. I know have a 5000 cd collection. I was then driven to put together a system that could I enjoy hearing my music. I became an audiophile more because of my nerdy, gadget loving side. I am perfectly happy listening to my little Aiwa bookshelf system or my wife's IPOD. It is my techy side that keeps me interested in new gear.
I pretty much have to quote Ghosthouse, an early love of music as a child led me down this path.

Cheers
I blame the Beatles, Doors, Stones, Tull, Cat Stevens, Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Steely Dan, James Taylor, Rickie Lee Jones, Johnny Cash, Miles Davis, Byrds, Cream, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Santana, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Charles Mingus, Ryan Adams, but mostly, the Beatles