We are normal unlike the rest eh??? ha ha

Check this out boys, fun - Ravi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs
rapogee
Obviously the REAL crazies are into tubes, vinyl and horns. Did anyone ID some of the gear these guys have? How about that suspended counterweighted stand that can keep the music playing through an earthquake??
I have a nephew 40ish with a 1/4 million US$ house, $40,000 car, + another good car, $40,000 wedding, $10,000 vacations, snow machine, boat, nice furniture, and more. On the same income, driving a $3000 car and in a cheap apt, that gives me about 1 million $ to spend on hifi gear!
The humor of the situations presented in this video are immediate and obvious. The fact that I could personally identify with what these people were saying made me feel a little strange.

And asking about the money in front of the family was just plain wrong. I can't believe they actually answered! The system I've established with my wife is very simple and effective. When she asks me what one of my toys (ehrrr, I mean tools!) cost, I reply with, "..not toooooo much." That's code for, "Let's change the subject, because nothing good can come from the real answer to your question, sweety."

Works for us.
One of the interesting quotes from the piece is where one of the guys estimates (I think) a 25% increase in performance from the rack itself (which was quite elaborate)

Certainly to the non audiophile viewer this seems almost delusional, but I really believe it based on my experiences with SIstrum stands on my speakers and turntable.

The problem is that now Sistrum is coming out with their Stage line which is solid brass, and will cost approx $7000 per shelf. That would mean a 6 shelf unit would be $35,000 !!!! I want one but can't afford it.

They will also have a cheaper steel version eventually,(which I'll have to find a way of getting) but I feel exatly like the subjects of that documentary.

I often wonder about my own psychological needs and why I am so obsessed with getting better playback. As a film maker myself, I would love to interview an audiophile psychologist or psychiatrist that could sheld some light on our obsessional behavior.

Of course very often men have these little hobbies they get very wrapped up in time wise, financially, and emotionally, so I suppose audiophilia is just another manifestation of this need.
"...it's the stuff that dreams are made of, sweetheart."

...and how we make 'em come true is the real story.

More videos such as this one, are needed.

Thanks for that one.