Do we believe in Machina Dynamics?

Let's see: we've had the pebbles, the little clock, the turntable platform that includes only some old springs...and now the Contact Paper CD tweek. Do any of us believe in this? I know Geoff's an advertiser, and actually a very nice guy, but come on, fellow audiophiles...this is all the epitome of snake oil! No?
Every idea was tried, and has failed, numerous times. Despite being a nice guy, all he's selling is audio nonsense.
musicseller
Norm, let rephrase correctly.

The critics' "physics" tends to be real physics, the "physics" of MD tends to be zero factual basis and believed only by the ignorant and gullible.

The ignorant have little problem believing MD (lack of) physics as they have no understanding of real physics. To them, sound tweaks like audio cable and total snake oil like pebbles seem to have the same factual basis. They are the individuals that folks like GK can exploit. You, Jim and a few other folks demonstrate a high degree of lack of understanding. Even now, you probably do not have a good understanding as to why some power cables may improve sound.

Once understanding of the physics behind tweaks is achieved, it is very easy to discriminate between what will work and what is placebo. There is no black magic in audio ... there never was, there never will be and the sure isn't any now.

The fact that you think that some aspects of physics is in some way out of date demonstrates a total lack of understanding of what science is about.

Regards
Paul
+++ Their physics are no less sound than those behind most tweaks and cables and they have smarter guys coming up with product names. +++

LOL - a little clock or pebbles have the same factual basis for improving sound as a speaker cable? Okaaaay.
Pauly, I don't want to go through this once again with you. I was a physics major, among other majors, in the 1960s. Physics today is quite different than then. I read Scientific American and have several friends in the Physics department. In reality, I doubt very much that you have any understanding of physics or the limitations on our knowledge of natural phenomena.

If something that fails to be explained by our limited knowledge, it is a challenge to our theories and understanding. Rejection of an observation that is contrary to a theory is a challenge to the theory and not to be dismissed as an accident or to be swept under the carpet and ignored.

You, my dear sir, are a pseudo-scientist.

Regards,

Norm
+++ I was a physics major, among other majors, in the 1960s +++

Good for you Norm, you have a bachelors degree. My secretary has an MBA.

+++ In reality, I doubt very much that you have any understanding of physics or the limitations on our knowledge of natural phenomena. +++

Yep, and Geoff K is so way ahead of me, I just don’t know what I am missing?

+++ Rejection of an observation +++

I have yet to reject the findings of observation even once in my life.

Two weeks I tested a SS, wooden and plastic outlet cover plates back to back. Observation = zero difference.

So far from being swept under the carpet, the so-called cover plate tweak is nothing other than crap.

+++ You, my dear sir, are a pseudo-scientist. +++

LOL, coming from somebody that spends $1K on holograms and supports Machina Dynamics, you must forgive me for not taking that comment seriously.

There’s an old saying Norm, a fool and his money is easily parted. Old Geoff parts you with your money with little trouble.

Regards
Paul
Paully, so once again I am right you haven't a clue about physical regularities or of the scientific methods. Please spare us your trite phrases and unscientifically based judgment without fact.