The best of Goodwill...

What the best audio related item that you have purchased at Goodwill or another similar store?

Today I was at two Goodwills and managed to find a few CDs for $3 each.

One turned out to be excellent. It's a violin concerto by Sony Classics and recorded at Air Studio's. I really enjoyed listening to it this afternoon.

Another was new and was still in the original plastic.

I know this is small beans compared to what some of you have managed to find.
mceljo
Dynaco ST70, PAS2, and FM3 as a set ... All for $35. All in the pre-Internet days though ....
Lots of records not just at Goodwill but at several thirft shops, I have 3 that I go to at least once a week. On certain days of the week usally Wednesday everything is 50% off so you can get records as cheap $0.50.

Some of my finds are a promo copy of Keith Richards Talk is Cheap vinyl for $1, RCA Living Stereo shaded dog and Merury Living Presence lps for $1 each, Super Tramp Breakfast in America the audiophile series MCA $1, MFSL Steely Dan Aja $1, a japanese pressing of Dire Straits Dire Straits $1. Several jazz records but they will usally keep these in a glass display at the front of the store so you have to ask the clerk for assistance and there are $3 to $5 each.
Maggie MG-1 for $80, enough polk speakers to build an HT for sister-in-law-$30, tons of cd's-mostly oldies- $3 each. Infinity BU-2 sub for the sister-in-laws system for $20. Much more but these are the latest. from family thrift in Albuquerque.
On various forums there are lots of stories about finding classic speakers, amps and such a GW and consignment stores. "I scored (fill in the blank) for $15!" Never been so lucky myself. My buddy got his wonderful Bedini 25x25 for $250 at a pawn shop. That was pretty sweet.
Calbrs- nice score on the Wilson Pickett!
I scored a nice Rotel pre and have seen some very good turntables there.
Lots of LPs. several six-eye labels. Hendrix, Stones, etc. Something I really appreciate (to a fault sometimes) is the classical music offerings. I am not too familiar with what to look for, but for a buck, I am willing to buy and try. I have found some fabulous music which allows my system to shine brightly in other genres besides Jazz, bluegrass and rock and soul.
Of course, books.
Spending $ is good for the community and the soul.