Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Probably also harder than ever for most musicians to make a living, at least in the USA these days, just like it is for so many others.

On the flip side, hardship has sewn the seeds of a lot of really good music over the years.......
What? No coffee drinkers out there? Pity. Hopefully you'll see the light before you die for the open minded, or on the other hand, hopefully not for the closed. I recently watched a reality flick about a guy who had a half million vinyl record collection. No new music. Good luck hearing each one just one time in your life.
A lot of hostility on this thread. Some notable exceptions, like Mapman. Whether or not there has been a decline in popular music, there seems to be a decline in popular civility.

I expect the responses to this post will prove my point.

Bryon
Hey Elizabeth, Ah one, ah two, champagne bubbly music. The pride of North Dakota don't yah know. Yah sure, you bet!