Rediscovering Cold Blood

I noticed Cold Blood "Thriller" in my collection a week ago, which I hadn't played in a year or so. Damn, I forgot just how good that disc is....the incomparable Lydia Pence, a rhythm section tighter than the jeans you wore in high school, sophisticated arrangements that build and progress until you can hardly keep from dancing in the living room. Tons of fun for fans of Janis Joplin, funk/rock/blues, horn section dynamite and a drum/bass groove as solid as Bobby Colomby and Jim Fielder.
77jovian
Huge fan! "I'm a Good Woman" was on the set list of one of the bands I played in during the 70's.
Another big Cold Blood fan here, since high school in the early '70s. My favorite album has always been their first, so much so that I have two copies on vinyl and 2 copies on CD.
Chazro, I picked up Santa Fe and the Fat City Horns, "When the Curtain Goes up" on your recommendation. Hell yeah!
They are a smokin' unit, ain't they!? Their prior record is 'Live' and is killa also, allowing more room for soloing. The story behind this band is that they're made up primarily of pro musicians playing the strip in Vegas. They've 'held court' at a club on Monday nights for yrs(very much in the tradition of certain Monday night Big Bands in NYC). The shows are a very hot ticket with guests sitting in frequently. Haven't been to Vegas in a while BUT when I get there, I know I'll be checking 'em out!