Great films where music is a central theme.

I'm a film lover for as long as I can remember. There's nothing like a film that combines my passion for music and film. I'm going to leave out concert films from this, as there are plenty of threads on that. Lets stick to other films - dramas or documentaries - that use music as a central theme, or have it as a key element in the narrative. Here are a few of my own favorites to get the ball rolling.

As it is in Heaven
The Bands Visit
Schultze Gets the Blues
Troubled Water (the Erik Poppe film)
Sweet and Lowdown
Bird
'Round Midnight
I'm Not Here

Documentaries:

Throw Down Your Heart
The Devil and Daniel Johnston
Lets Get Close (Bruce Weber)
Buena Vista Social Club
Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back
Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man

So it's really could be split into two threads; Narative films and Documentaries. But lets try leaving it open to both, just no concert films. What are some of your favorites?
jax2
Hillary and Jackie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150915/

Great moment early on, about the difference between good and great.

Odd feature of the movie: including some actual facts that make it *less* believable.

John
Again, hoping not to become a broken record and wish I could explain it somewhat better, but I'm not interested in films with great soundtracks, or where the story happens to be driven along with music with a very specific theme like Pulp Fiction (that would NOT be what I'm after). It's not at all that the film has a great soundtrack, or a director that has amazing musical tastes...it's not about Hans Zimmer scores or the strong support of 70's music to create a period piece. None of that. You good people get an "F"....OK, you get a "E" for contributing and making an effort, but really it's not what I'm after. Music must have a place in the actual story of the film, that is beyond someone turning on the radio, or Jack Nicholson having McIntosh gear in As Good as it Gets. Maybe someone plays in a band, or there is an orchestra or an instrument that has a central roll (and, "...one time at band camp..." would not qualify here). And yes, I am looking for films you'd actually recommend that others see, not something mediocre. Greatness does not need to be the qualifying descriptor though. So based on my premise, Five Easy Pieces, Goodfellas and Fast Times at Ridgemont High are DQ'd and outta here. Music is not part of any of those stories (at least not that I remember). Almost Famous, absolutely has music as a central theme to the story. Brilliant!

Here are just a few more to keep this on the right track:

Naratives

Good Morning Vietnam
Topsy Turvy
Flawless (this is a real sleeper, and a great movie in my book - Deniro and Phillip Seymore Hoffman)

Documentaries

Note by Note: The Making of Steinway L1037

OK, now don't make me get the steel ruler out, or start sending folks to the principal's office. Lets get this thread on track boys and girls!

Alright, now we're talking! Between my two posts - all great suggestions!! That's exactly what I meant! Thank you!
Of course there is always Alex and Ludwig van in Clockwork Orange. And Blues Brothers. And it that vein, there is also Ferris Bueller's Day Off, with his great Danke Schoen cover in downtown Chicago.

Great thread.