Phoebe Snow has died.

We lost Phoebe Snow today.
She was a real talent who gave up her career essentially, to care for a handicapped daughter.
RIP, Phoebe.

Poetry Man.

Good listening,
Larry
lrsky
I've always had a soft spot for "Poetry Man".

An enchanting and unique hit tune that caught my ear the first time I heard it on the radio .

Sad to hear.....
Poetry Man album is one of my all time favourites. "Either or Both" is just such a poignant tune and I shall miss her. "Sometimes this face looks so funny, that I hide it behind a book, sometimes this face has so much class, that I have to sneak a second look". RIP Phoebe.
Phoebe Snow seemed out of place when she came into prominence back in the early 70’s amidst Southern Rock, the Urban Cowboy influx, and on into the wave of Disco. That out of place originality set her apart from the on rush of glitzy glam talent. She was indeed gifted and special in her phrasing and her range, making her music still more memorable..

I recall spending many hours on the atlantic coast beaches, listening to her debut album enjoying her music, the scenery and her vocal gifts. Sunsets were always better with the lighter music of that day from her, Jackson Brown, Minnie Ripperton, Gino Vanelli, Jimmy buffet, Boz Scaggs, Pablo Cruise, joan Baez, , etc. amongst them all however Ms Snow always seemed to bring about a better pace and flow to those times.

That’s too bad. It’s fascinating that she made a choice such as she did to sacrifice her ambitions for the needs of another. That is just so rare, it’s almost unheard of today. . Goodbye… Phoebe. God bless.