listening in the dark?

Is listening in the dark better?

Scientific research shows that people in the dark can hear significantly better. Senses always ‘fight’ for the brain’s attention. By removing vision, the ears are given more processing power, as it were, to digest sound. As a result you hear more details, you experience a greater sense of space and a greater sense of 3D. A scientific study says: “Closing the eyes affects the style of attending to auditory stimuli by modifying the perceptual relationship with the environment without changing the stimulus itself.”

What do you do?
buconero117
When I indulge with pot and listen to Masters of Rock with closed eyes, I feel like I'm on the stage with PF.
I concur. I always do my critical listening between midnight & 6am. This is especially important for those poor souls who live in one of our major U.S. cities (on the grid).
I am fortunate not to live on the grid. Still, there are discernible difference(s) between daylight & night light listening. Happy Listening (in the dark)!
Buconero117: That makes sense to me but I find that my mood or excitement of listening to a new lp or preconceived notion of how a brand new lp may sound affects my listening experience much more. (All of this may be in the same ballpark though) However, late at night, listening with the lights on just doesn't get it.