New Tom Petty

Well, what do you think? Bought it last night, have'nt gotten to it yet,but from what I've read about it, sounds very interesting....
winoguy17
I saw the Heartbreakers recently and they played several numbers from Mojo. I suspect this album will please fans who like the heavier side to Petty (and who may have been less taken with Highway Companion or Wildflowers).

I really liked "First Flash Of Freedom" but for me, the big hit will be "Running Man’s Bible" - this will become an instant classic with rock fans. It is a "four-on-the-floor" bar type track - with loads of great guitar licks and great interplay between Campbell, Petty and Thurston. If I did not know better I'd say Petty has been listening to the Drive by Truckers - certainly some influences there.

Incidentally, this band is one of the most professional I have ever seen (and I have seen a few). Anchored by Steve Ferrone's rock solid beat. Sound quality and musicianship is outstanding. If you can get a chance to see them live then it is well worthwhile.

They also played Mystic Eyes (by Van Morrison) - and they play an outstanding cover - Steve Ferrone is impressive on this one for shear stamina and rock solid groove.

I also highly recommend their "Live Anthology" - it is available on Blu-ray (audio only) as well as CD (5 CD set) - the audio quality of this live anthology is absolutely stunning - teh quality of their live playing puts the majority of artists to shame - it includes many covers as well as the staples in The Heartbreaker's repertoire.
I have never been much of a fan but the new issue of Sound & Vision has a very good interview with TP. I do like the Mudcrutch album and bought it on vinyl and it came with an uncompressed version of their CD. Both of which sound great.
Anyway, the interview and reviews of his albums intrigued me enough to want to get a few of his albums. I will also get Mojo when it comes out on Bluray.
The Sound & Vision articles are what intrigued me also, though I've been a fan for years. It seems that the band is also very psyched over this release. Cant wait to fire it up...
Just got it, listening to it right now and digging it to the max! Classic TP&theHBs!
Checked it last night on the big rig: Audio quality on Mojo CD is superb. The CD will be in my car on heavy rotation for a few weeks for sure.