Best Rock Album in 2010

So its finally landed, the third album by Rock duo JohnOssi, with John Engelbert on Guitar and Vocals and Oskar Bonde on drums.

Mavericks - JohnOssi

Last year i had the title Best Rock Album in 2009, so far and had my vote out for Black Keys man Dan Auerbach, this year I will drop the "so far" and stipulate that this is as good as it gets!

Please add your best for 2010, but lets keep it to albums released in 2010.
perrew
Dgarretson,

I really like the second half of Wood's "I Feel Like Playing" - a lot! The first handful of tunes almost put me off, but on repeat visits the last 7 tracks are very good - IMHO. You might want to spin it up one more time. If it still doesn't move you, we'll chalk it up to "different strokes".

Marty
Marty, perhaps you're right. My reaction on first pass was the same as with Elton John on the Leon Russell duet album. Through aging or booze, both are so down in vocal range as to be unrecognizable and drained of energy. Maybe the compression on Napster has something to do with it, or my expectations being frozen in the past.
The Elton John/Leon Russell is a major bummer. I had HIGH hopes, but....

As to Wood's new one , think of the boozy "Exile" vibe. Less polished than Petty's "Mojo" (Wood doesn't really have that pop instinct) but similarly evocative of that specific era in R'n'R - for me, anyway. The first several tracks are just too lazy, but the record gains momentum as it moves along. By the end, there's some GITAR pickin' goin' on!

Probably not for every taste, but I find myself going back for more.

Marty
Listened thru the whole Ron Wood on the way in to work, today. Even the first few tracks are starting to grow on me - maybe like fungus.

This is one of those loose, relaxed, bloosy things where the songs just meander for a while before they heat up - usually due to some smoking leads.

Again, not for every taste, and it might take more than one listen, but rewarding for those who dig this kind of thing.

Marty
I have really been diggin Avalon by Sully Erna. Laid back, unlike what you might expect