Best Remakes Of All Time

Remakes of the original rarely hit the mark, but here are some of my favorites.

1. The Cure's remake of Jimmi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" - It's so good it maybe better than the original.
2. Power Station's remake of "Bang A Gong" originally performed by T-Rex. Awesome.
3. Marvin Gaye's version of the Miracles "Heard it Through the Grapevine". Marvin's version is way better than the original.
4. Jimi Hendrix's cover of Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower.
5. Love the Doors cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Backdoor Man".
6. Johnny's Cash's 2003 version of Nine Inch Nails "Hurt" was not only courageous, but seriously good.
7. Chicago's remake of "I'm A Man" originally performed by Spencer Dave Group is outstanding.
8. The Allman Brothers remake of "Statesboro Blues" is an upgrad over Blind Willie McTell 1928 version.
9. The Talking Heads 1978 version of Al Green's original release of "Take Me To The River". Do I even need to comment on that one?
10. Love Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Jimi's "Vodoo Child".

There are a ton more... what are your favorite remakes?
128x128dawgbyte
Miles Davis versions of Michael Jackson's Human Nature and Cindi Lauper's Time After Time, I heard both in concert and they were superb...
I'm a huge Who fan, but Elton John's cover of "Pinball Wizard" is better than their version.

Elton again on "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"

every song Shelby Lynne covers on Just a Little Lovin' is better than any other version that I have heard.

I agree on the Power Station's "Bang a Gong", Hendrix "All Along the Watchtower", and "Take me to the River"
There are many, many good remakes/covers. However my favorites have to both be by Nazareth.

The Nazareth cover of "Love Hurts" is a classic and I prefer it to the Everly Brothers version and Roy Orbison's version.

The Nazareth cover of "This Flight Tonight" works much better for me than Joni Mitchell's original version.

Enjoy,

TIC
Here are a few of my favorites.
Hendrix "Hey Joe"
SRV "Taxman"
Van Halen "A Apolitical Blues"
Levon Helm "Tennessee Jed"
Gov't Mule "She Said,She Said"
Eric Clapton "After Midnight" both versions
Frank Zappa "Directly From My Heart To You"
Hank Williams,Jr. "Lawyers,Guns and Money"
Rolling Stones "Love In Vain"
Willie Nelson "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"
Johnny Cash "Rusty Cage"
The Doors "Crawling King Snake"
Nirvana "Where Did You Sleep Last Night"
Jeff Healey "Stuck In The Middle With You"
Leon Russell "A Hard Rains Gonna Fall"
George Benson "This Masquerade"
The Band "When I Paint My Masterpiece"
Way too many more to list,but you get the idea.