Richard Thompson recommendations

I listen to a wide, eclectic selection of music but have not explored Richard Thompson. What would be a recommendation for a standout album - preferably live acoustic that has both a great performance and acoustics.
I also just wanted to comment on how amazing this forum has been for expanding a music collection. Not having time to keep up or explore, I see recommendations here, follow up and have never been let down. Need to pick up that new Bruce Cockburn album today - Thanks to all!
landshark75
That's actually "Shoot out the Lights" and it's with his ex wife Linda. Excellent album. You could also try:

Rumor and Sigh
Daring Adventures
Henry the Human Fly

His greatest hits, "Watching the Dark" would also be a keeper.
Really depends what you're looking for.

Thompson is a terrific songwriter who has two styles; character driven narratives (you might particularly seek out his more recent work - back to "Rumour and Sigh") versus personal revelation (more often with Linda - See "Shoot Out The Lights").

He's a wonderful acoustic player (Vincent and Beeswing are his two best known ballads) and a monster electric guitarist (Shoot Out The Lights, Cavalry Cross, Sloth, etc, etc.)

I'd definitely start with "Watching The Dark". It's a great intro to most aspects of Thompson's repertoire.

Good Luck.

Marty