Looking for some 'grass

What's the best Bluegrass group, album, CD, or cut, you've heard in some time?

Please do mention if it is by content, or quality of the recording.... SACD, DVDA, etc.

It is hard to get past efforts from Skaggs & Krauss naturally, but I do favor the "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" volumes from the Dirt Band & friends.

But I will try a few here anyhow.

"Mountain Soul" from Patty Loveless... and "Little Sparrow" by Dolly Parton are super overall.

Charlie Sizemore's efforts as well should be considered at the very least.

Melonie Cannons last two CDs are noteable works also.

So there...

Who, what, or Which, do you like most as of late, or just overall?
blindjim
Check out these, all are redbook and beautifully recorded:
1. Greencards-"Weather and Water" and "Viridian"
2. Charlie Haden-"Rambling Boy"
3. Bela Fleck-"Heartland-An Apalachian Anthology"
The Seldom Seen LP's One of the best Bluegrass groups. While I am here I will relate a very embarrassing bluegrass story. I took my first wife and another couple to see Bill Monroe at the Old Town Folk Center in Chicago. Maybe in '83 The venue was very small maybe a 50 people on folding chairs. We were in the front row smack in front of Bill himself. I could reach out and touch him. During the performance I looked over and my wife and her friends had dosed off. Needless to say this 'Ol Kentucky Boy has another wife, and though she is Japanese-American she can pick a pretty mean bluegrass riff!
Try anything by Alison Krauss & Union Station for great bluegrass/newgrass that is very well recorded.

I also like Nickel Creek for that genre.

Michael
Dr. Ralph Stanley. He has a live album with his son that is really well recorded to boot. Email me if you can't find it. If you've never made it to the Telluride Blue Grass Festival you owe it to yourself to go. The catch is you've got to make reservations now. The festival is in June. While not Bluegrass per say David Byrne will be there this year. Not to be missed!