Quality of New MoFi recordings

I have read some mixed reviews on the new MoFi vinyl recordings, and recieved a copy of Rush "Permanant Waves" for Xmas and love it.

Some of the "disc expert" sites have dumped on these recordings, but after getting this one, which I think has an unbelievably deep, rich, round, analog sound I ordered some other vinyl copies of MoFi recordings.

I always thought the older MoFi offerings were benchmarks, is that not the case? I loved the SACD's from them when I was using that format more often.

BTW, I don't really like Rush, my wife does ALOT, but I have really been listening to this a ton because of the sound quality.
macdadtexas
It has to do with cost and if the manufacturer would bring out thier own audiophile version. If they were thinking about it or some other company offered more money then they would revoke the licence on the spot, like the Columbia Halfspeed, Direct Disk & others.Thats what happened to MFSL Janis Joplin's Pearl.
How much money would you gamble if that happened to your company?
when you do the math, its a miracle we;re getting as many cool new vinyl titles as we are. god bless, mofi and anyone big or small with enough passion to get these titles through the legal sausage factory and into production.
sony has a vinyl agreement with scorpio in perpituity for thousands of sony/cbs/columbia titles(so mofi may indeed be restricted). on the pink floyd stuff(then and now) the band controls who gets what. sublicensing is an incredibly convoluted process, and every 'title'(even from the same artist) is really indeed a different bag of worms.
Post removed 
I'm personally curious about the 2xLP of Faith No More's 'Angel Dust' that MoFi recently released, mostly because it's their first step into remastering heavy metal (along with the Megadeth album they just issued). It's one of my favorite albums, and even at $40 it's cheaper than buying an original.

IMHO, I think one of the reasons MoFi's selections are so odd (at least currently) is that the big record companies have realized they can release high-quality reissues themselves at a lower cost and tap into the current vinyl resurgence. For instance, all of the WB/Rhino reissue LPs I have sound great and are about half the cost. (Note: I've never been a huge MoFi fan).