David Bromberg -- Any fans?

I still play Bromberg albums. Never got to see him live. He got lost in the embarrassment of riches we failed to appreciate back when we had it. There were so many great acts in the late 60s and early 70s that people like David Bromberg, who would be cherished today, had only niche followings back then.
macrojack
I checked the tour schedule on his website. It doesn't look like he's ever going to perform this far west.
I saw him live a number of times in the 70's, and still pull out an album every so often. The live shows, as others have said above, were amazing. The horn section (and the way Bromberg integrated it) was exceptional, all the musicians were great - and DB could really get lit up. In a certain, less spectacular way, Bromberg's live shows were a bluegrass forerunner of the Springsteen concert experience.
Bromberg was at Denver's Botanic Gardens last summer, on a double bill with the Jerry Douglas Band. Thunderstorms cut the show short, so both bands took the stage together and alternated playing tunes. I'd waited 30 years to see Bromberg and was disappointed to not hear Bromberg's band do a complete set. Still, Bromberg's a national treasure...
Been a big fan for decades. I saw him many times in the '70s when I lived in NYC. He's been in Co this past year with an acoustic set. He's more laid back but still funny, raunchy and musically mesmerizing.
Used to see him regularly when I was in college. I still spin his LPs from time to time and wonder why I don't listen to them more often. What a phenomenal talent. He lived and worked in Chicago for a long time, building and refurbishing violins. I believe he is now in Wilmington, DE. I am hoping (probably hopelessly) that the studio sessions he did with Bob Dylan in the early 90s will be released...maybe as "Bootleg Series Vol 9"?!