'they blew'em off the stage'

what concerts have you attended, where the warm up act blew the headliners away.....my examples...brownville station upstaging zz top to the point where people where chanting 'brownsville station!' during the littl ol' band from texas' set.....another..t.rex upstaging lynyrd skynyrd(yes there really was such a show), and the grass roots upstaging cream.
jaybo
gotta jump in....i saw the monkees on a reunion tour and they were great....when a bunch of guys play a great band long enough, they actually become a great band....'i'm not a real doctor, but i play one on tv'...... buck dharma has done more in 2 minutes than some well respected guitarists have done in a lifetime.......bruce springsteen played warm up for sha na na.
20 years ago or so in Red Bank, NJ. Chick Corea was supposed to play. Some weak excuse that his plane was delayed (nice, way to cut it close...) The program organizer was desperate and made a invitation to the audience to give it crack. Anyway, the guy was SOOOO much better then Corea that 1/2 the audience walked out half way into his abbreviated set.

Classic
From my days growing up outside Philadelphia... a local band called the Hooters fronted for a lot of national bands and for a while, the conversation went a bit like this...
"You going to see the Hooters this weekend?"
"Yeah"
"Who are they opening for?
"Dunno. You going?"
"Dunno. Saw them a couple of weeks ago."
"Were they good?"
"Great!"
"Who came after?"
"I forgot"

Then, after a while, when others started opening for them, they seemed to lose their hunger to play for a small enthusiastic audience.

Otherwise... I remember seeing the Bus Boys open for someone at a concert at a university. I went to see the main act, and have long forgotten who that was, but have never forgotten how good the Bus Boys were...

The Replacements opening for Elvis Costello at MSG. I was, and still am a Costello fan but the Replacements totally kicked ass ending the show with each band member swapping instruments and bringing the house down. Early 80's?