'they blew'em off the stage'

what concerts have you attended, where the warm up act blew the headliners away.....my examples...brownville station upstaging zz top to the point where people where chanting 'brownsville station!' during the littl ol' band from texas' set.....another..t.rex upstaging lynyrd skynyrd(yes there really was such a show), and the grass roots upstaging cream.
jaybo
Years ago, at a concert in Ann Arbor, Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen upstaged (in my wife's mind, not mine, though it was close) the Byrds (in their Sweetheart of the Rodeo days). And I remember an old Wolman Rink Schaeffer concert where the James Cotton Blues Band upstaged the original version of Blood Sweat and Tears. I'm going back a long way...
doesn't quite fit but there where times at winterland when the Dead and the Jefferson Airplane would play with maybe a band inbetween their sets. It started at about 7 or 8 and ended around 2 a.m. or so. Totally indifferent as to who blew who away they both did it to me
A oouple of years ago, Joss Stone opened for the John Mayer Trio and was SO MUCH BETTER, that even John Mayer stated that "they should have opened for her." This was at the Fillmore in Denver.
Muddy Waters opened up for Eric Clapton in 1978.....I'm sure Clapton may have picked a little sumthin' up from Muddy