Beatles covers: better than originals?

Anybody know any artist cover performances of Beatles tunes that are better than the originals?

Most covers of Beatles tunes fall way short compared to the originals, in my opinion.

I can't think of too many that stand out in my mind.

On American Idol, during the two Beatles weeks recently, two performances stood out that I recall: "Let It Be" by Brooke White was very heartfelt and right on and "The Long and Winding Road" by the young 17 year old kid (David ???) was as good as anything I've ever heard. Watch that kid...he is extremely talented....when he is on, he is right up there with the best!
128x128mapman
One more interesting cover:

The Feelies cover "Everybody's Got Something To Hide, Except For Me & My Monkey". I never heard The Beatles (do this one) live, but The Feelies nail it in concert. I think they included this on the first Feelies CD, but it's pretty clear to me that it was intended for live performance.

At the risk of offending the Beatles scholars who objected to my lowish opinion of "TNK" in an earlier post to this thread, I would also humbly note that I believe that this song is not a Beatles classic.

Marty
Franky, I'm not sure anyone does them better than the originals but it is interesting to hear others interpretations and I enjoy it occasionally. Also, IMO some songs sound great by female vocalists. Certainly, a fresh take can be refreshing.
Elton's Lucy in the Sky better than the original?

That's funny.
Audiofeil-
"Better" is subject to opinion. If you read my post the first sentence was "Here are a few I like:". No insinuation of which was better. Even though that was the OP question, I don't feel throwing in a few I like is too far off topic.
>>I don't feel throwing in a few I like is too far off topic.<<

It is off topic nonetheless.

I like Lennon's solo work more than McCartney's but it is not germane to this thread.