Anyone catch Robin Trower on tour?

Seeing him Sat night can't wait!
pops
I used to live in wayne, but nnpot since the mid late 80's, now I am in Florida, which seems to be where everyone from the Tristate area ends up...
Saw him back in the day with Procul Harum,The Broken Barricades tour. One of the tightest bands I've ever seen live,Trower blew the roof off of The Santa Monica Civic with his solo on Whaling Stories. Great concert.
Looking forward to seeing Trower for the first time at BB King's in NYC later this month. FWIW, I saw Roy Buchanan at My Father's Place in Roslyn, LI, six weeks before he committed suicide; was it something I said?
I saw him last year at a small not for profit concert hall near me (IMAC Theater in Huntington LI). He WAS loud. most of the souond came from the stage and not from the PA system, I think :-)

He was also awesome. Stood in the middle of the stage away from his Marshalls and away from his effects pedals/switches and still got whatever sound he wanted out of that guitar.

Tha show was short though, but something not to miss.

Enjoy,
Bob
Davetherave,

Roy Buchanan's suicide has always bothered me in a way. reportedly his suicide note was about how unknown he was and how he never got the fame he deserved (OK, he was tanked when he wrote it and killed himself but...) and that has always brought a dark cloud over one of my favorite albums and songs of his "That's Not What I'm Here For" which is all about how he doesn't care for fame or fortune, he just wanted to play great music, and hge WAS highly regarded as a guitar player, teaching many of the current masters.