Shelby Lynne

I have the new Shelby Lynne cover disc of songs recorded by Dusty Springfield. I think it is my favorite disc of the past 6 months at least. Others hear this?
rpeluso
A nice LP, although my pressing is noisy. I wish the arrangements and the tempos were a little more varied. Her earlier album, "I Am Shelby Lynne", is a stronger representation of her talent. Unfortunately, it's not available on vinyl and the recording requires a little tolerance, but it's her best album to date. Also, if any of you don't have Ms. Springfield's "Dusty In Memphis", go for it.
She had a tragic childhood history as did her sister, Allison Moorer. Her pictures on the CD have a fairly cold stare which isn't the look of love. She looks to be a force to be recogned with. I really like the CD. I don't yet do vinyl. It is a bit bluesy and nostalgic. She plays a mean guitar on track 7. I felt it was well mastered and well recorded. I didn't feel that there was a sameness. It makes me want to hear more. I have played it for friends who are and are not audiophiles and they have all been impressed...even though they did not know her.
Happy to see my ears are still functioning! Another new disc that I also like a lot is the new Cat Power, also covers. Quite beautiful.
I have, "I Am Shelby Lynn" and like it a lot. Thanks for the heads up on something new by her. Can you anyone tell me what else of her discography is worth getting? (vinyl or CD ok w/me).