Wilco on Austin City Limits

I saw them on Austin City Limits recently and was really impressed with this band. They have a great sound, interesting lyrics and Nels Cline is an absolute MF on the guitar.

Anybody heard Nels new album?
128x128lokie
Nels is a phenom on the guitar. I've seen him live quite a few times and he and his bands are always great.

Pretty much it seems anything he is involved with is pretty solid. His new album is great too. One older possibly overlooked album of his is "Chest" it's a trio with bass and drums, maybe from around 97? I picked it up on vinyl and it is one of my favortites. Another great one is "Destroy All"

A lot of Nels' fans were bummed to hear he had joined Wilco, thinking it was to straight a band for a guy of his talent. I think it has been a good addition and if anything has probably opened up the eyes of some to the subtle talent of Wilco. I am one of those. It's nice to see that Nels has no indication of slowing down on his other projects either.
I have Nels Cline Singers "Draw Breath", "Destroy all Nels Cline", and "Downpour(Live)." They are all fine, with melodic lyrical playing that is recognizably Wilco and evocative of Allmans "Eat a Peach," side-by-side with wild compositions more from the NYC loft jazz scene. IMO Cline is the best guitarist working at the boundary between rock & jazz.
I caught Wilco twice this year, once at Massey Hall in Toronto and once at the Fox theatre in Detroit and both were in my top 3 shows of 2007(out of 50-65 that I saw this year). They are really at the top of their game right now and have honed their live performance to become one of the top live bands out there. Plus it's great music, Jeff Tweedy is one of the greatest songwriters going these days. For those of you who haven't heard it yet, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is a modern classic, think Music From Big Pink for the new generation. Sounds fantastic on vinyl also.
The song "Thanks I get" that is on the Volkswagon commercials, great song is it on any album?