Rolling Stones CD Remasters 2002?

My Stones CDs are very early - late 80's and I'm looking to "upgrade" with remasters if it is worth the effort. Any comments on the 2002 remastered cds?

To replace:
Let it bleed
Beggars

Secondly:
Tattoo
Some Girls
Goats Head

Comments appreciated.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xamansker
I was at FYE (For Your Entertainment) music store today. They sell new / used CD/DVDs. Found a used copy of Bleed, sealed in their shinkwrap. I compared it to the new copy and both said Abko 2002, but the used copy was in cardboard (digipak)and the new copy in a plastic case. For 9.99 I hoped it would be the remastered version, but found that it was actually the SACD version, like new.

Went back to the store after that and bought another used copy of Bleed, Flowers, 12x5 and Aftermath - out the door for $32 with their 20% discount on four used CDs.

Obviously they do not distinguish between the Redbook only and SACD version. FYE bought out Wherehouse here in southern CA, not sure if they exist elsewhere.

BTW - Used Bleed SACD have been selling for $35 on ebay.
Interesting. The only direct comparison I have done is Exile on Main Street: The first cd version (same master tapes as vinyl) and the later remastered version.

I found the earlier version to be far superior to the remastered version.
I find the ABKCO remasters to be excellent for the instrumental parts, and piss-poor with the vocals disappearing into the mix, in terms of comparable volume.

All in all, a huge disappointment.