New music, what, why etc...

Three questions:

What new music have you purchased?

Why did you buy it?

What do you think of it?

I'll start, I just bought two reissues. The Yes Fragile from analog productions, and a reissue of Stevie Ray Vaughn Couldn't Stand the Weather.

I bought them on the recommendation of a friend.

I am amazed by both of them. I have other copies of both, and these excel all the previous copies. The Yes LP added soo much weight and authority to an LP that I have heard (consevatively) hundreds of times. Tin Pan Alley was a revelation. Both Lps offered so much music for the low cost of admission, that I strongly recommend them to you too!

O

o

128x128nrchy
I found a recent disc by BlocParty to be disappointing. I found Eric Johnson "Venus Isle" disappointing. I restocked by copy of Kitajima's "The Source" and feel whole again.
I am looking forward to listening to my new purchases of Freddie Hubbard and Lee Morgan "Nights of the Cookers" and Lee Morgan "City Lights".
If that doesn't tickle me, I don't know what I'll do. Philadelphia radio is suckage! with very few exceptions. :)
Yeah, why? I posted a thread about a month or so ago titled something like... "best music picks of 2007 so far" & it mysteriously disappeared recently, despite good response from us members making helpful recommendations. No, I don't work in the record industry, so WTF?
"04-28-07: Pehare
Yeah, why? I posted a thread about a month or so ago titled something like... "best music picks of 2007 so far" & it mysteriously disappeared recently, despite good response from us members making helpful recommendations. No, I don't work in the record industry, so WTF?"

Yea, I noticed.. Who did you piss off? LOL...

Here are a few recent purchases I have enjoyed..

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club "Baby 81" (These guys are truly a great new band. Got an advance copy of this album and it does not disappoint. Seeing them here in DC in June)

Colin Hay "Are you looking at me" (Front man from Men at Work. This just came out this week. I really enjoy his work)

Brand New "The Devil and God and Raging Inside Me" (A friend turned me onto this band. Something different)

Cracker "Greenland" (I have loved these guys since college. They are on a new record label and doing what they want now. I dig it)

Cheers,

Chris

I just picked up Jethro Tull's "Aqualung Live". A couple of years ago XM Radio did a series of classic rock albums re-recorded by the bands live. Very good sound quality. These were limited editions, with profits going to the homeless.

A lot of 70's bands have gotten back together to reissue new albums with mixed results. I like the fact that this one was a new version of a classic album, with better sonics.