Waltz for Debby-Bill Evans Trio

Seems like lately I am slidding this CD in late at night more and more. It has become one of my favorites. You can close your eyes and almost smell the smoke of a jazz club from the 50s and 60s. The waiters clanking glasses in the background is a nice touch to the mood. The music is great. I know this is a revered classic but I was wondering if there were any other recordings of similar ilk, smooth laid back jazz, that anyone might recommend. Are you out there sdcampbell?
Ag insider logo xs@2xhoopster
Awesome thread. Thanks all. All my excess gear is now for sale. I need cash to buy new spinning discs to make joyful noise unto mine ears. Don't stop here push me on over the edge. Spinning "Something Else" as I type on viynl blue note as I type wondering if there could be more out there, keep em coming! I have been down to Kraft Mac and cheese broke before. Resistance is futile...
Newbee,I still don't feel right cheating on Diana. I think she might suspect something!!!
Hoopster, Not to worry, Shirly died very recently so Diane will have no reason to be jealous. Besides Horn was not just a tad on the ugly side. Interestingly Krall sort of syled herself after Horn who was one of her heros. Superficially Krall sounds more up tempo and on initial listening is very enjoyable, where Horn is quiet and slow - but listen to what Horn does with the words and the music...she was one of jazz's greats. You owe it to yourself, to hell with Diana, just let her stew. You can make it up by buying her next album. :-)
Thanks, folks. I picked up a few new ideas for gifties--to me! I second the Acoustic Sounds "Greatest 100 Jazz Titles" 45rpm series--I wish I had the money to buy them all. Also, the Miles Davis Prestige Years Box Set is fantastic--got that one as a gift. Two others I can think of are Sonny Stitt "Plays the Blues" which was a Classic Records Verve reissue and Charlie Rouse "Yeah" which is also, I believe, from Classic Records--this one formerly an Epic release. Enjoy!
I second the "Paul Desmond Quartet Live," also Paul Desmond's "Easy Living" (and most of his other early sixties recordings) and Jim Hall's "Concierto," featuring both Paul Desmond and Chet Baker (and Sir Roland Hanna on piano, Steve Gadd(!) on drums and Ron Carter on bass).