SUT advice

I am restoring a Garrard 401 and intend to mount a Ortofon 309D, the 12' version. I chose the 309D for the flexibility of removable head shells and intend to use, alternately the Ortofon Silver Meister SPU(0.3mV) and the Miyajima BE mono cart (0.7mV). I am looking for advice on a SUT, compatible with both carts that will be plugged into the MM input on my Nagra VPS phono.
This is a fun project and not to compete with my main vinyl rig.
Any suggestions/comments welcome
Thanks in advance
Pradeep
128x128sunnyboy1956
Hi Terry
Many thanks for your response. Any idea how much the DIY kit costs viv a vis some of the SUTs mentioned in this thread ?
Hello Sunnyboy.

Sowter transformers about 200 GBP for the pair (directly from Sowter), $100 for the resistors and caps. I use Eichmann female RCA's at $50/pair. The biggest advantage is flexibility: you can build in alternative resistances with a switch or two, and use that to tune your sound without the use of reactive tone controls. All in, less than $600; and that is using the type of premium components that few would use, unless they were charging 10x the price. After all, manufacturers have to make a living too.
Hi Pradeep,

I purchased a couple of Hashimoto HM-7 transformers from Isao Asakura at SoundTraditions. He provided me with all the instructions I needed to wire up my own SUT and I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm using it with a zyx 4d at .24mV. Saved a few hundred bucks as well.