SUT advice

I am restoring a Garrard 401 and intend to mount a Ortofon 309D, the 12' version. I chose the 309D for the flexibility of removable head shells and intend to use, alternately the Ortofon Silver Meister SPU(0.3mV) and the Miyajima BE mono cart (0.7mV). I am looking for advice on a SUT, compatible with both carts that will be plugged into the MM input on my Nagra VPS phono.
This is a fun project and not to compete with my main vinyl rig.
Any suggestions/comments welcome
Thanks in advance
Pradeep
128x128sunnyboy1956

Showing 3 responses by sunnyboy1956

Many thanks for all the comments/advise
Jmcgrogan2
How does the Ortofon Verto compare with its more expensive sibling, the 80 SE ? This is high on my short list and I did get to hear it, albeit too briefly with the Miyajima BE. It obviously should match well with the Silver Meister SPU.
Dan
We decided on a plywood plinth with a rosewood veneer. It's a slow moving project in the sense that the woodwork has yet to start.
Jjrenman
The 0.3mV of the Ortofon SPU is way too low for the Nagra to handle. Actually , the Garrard restoration is an opportunity to do the many vinyl things I have longed to : a 12" arm, mono playback and an old style SPU.
John
Ideally would like a single SUT that can handle a range from 0.3mV to 0.7mV without unplugging the leads at the Nagra end.
Suteetat
Would like to check out your Dyna recommendation but I don't think there is a local dealer. Maybe on my next trip to Singapore.
On current reckoning the Ortofon 80SE is the front runner.
Cheers
Pradeep
John
I have the MM card for the Nagra VPS on order. Do I need the dealer to install it ?
Hi Terry
Many thanks for your response. Any idea how much the DIY kit costs viv a vis some of the SUTs mentioned in this thread ?