SUT advice

I am restoring a Garrard 401 and intend to mount a Ortofon 309D, the 12' version. I chose the 309D for the flexibility of removable head shells and intend to use, alternately the Ortofon Silver Meister SPU(0.3mV) and the Miyajima BE mono cart (0.7mV). I am looking for advice on a SUT, compatible with both carts that will be plugged into the MM input on my Nagra VPS phono.
This is a fun project and not to compete with my main vinyl rig.
Any suggestions/comments welcome
Thanks in advance
Pradeep
128x128sunnyboy1956
Many thanks for all the comments/advise
Jmcgrogan2
How does the Ortofon Verto compare with its more expensive sibling, the 80 SE ? This is high on my short list and I did get to hear it, albeit too briefly with the Miyajima BE. It obviously should match well with the Silver Meister SPU.
Dan
We decided on a plywood plinth with a rosewood veneer. It's a slow moving project in the sense that the woodwork has yet to start.
Jjrenman
The 0.3mV of the Ortofon SPU is way too low for the Nagra to handle. Actually , the Garrard restoration is an opportunity to do the many vinyl things I have longed to : a 12" arm, mono playback and an old style SPU.
John
Ideally would like a single SUT that can handle a range from 0.3mV to 0.7mV without unplugging the leads at the Nagra end.
Suteetat
Would like to check out your Dyna recommendation but I don't think there is a local dealer. Maybe on my next trip to Singapore.
On current reckoning the Ortofon 80SE is the front runner.
Cheers
Pradeep
Hi my EAR MC4 has 4 taps I think it fits your description. Here's a good review btw ...and covers the various gain/loading options...

http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=197:ear-

It's worked very nicely for me...and my Lyra at .54 mv and the Allaerts at .2mv..

I am actually thinking of trying a different SUT...maybe one the Ypsilon's...no real reason other than experimentation...possibly the Allnic SUT also..

Curious what others come back with here...
John
I have the MM card for the Nagra VPS on order. Do I need the dealer to install it ?
Hi it's pretty easy. their is a jumper behind the front panel that needs to move positions, then install the card....it's held in place by the RCA jacks and the screw on collars, then a ribbon cable from main board to mm card.

5 minutes tops. Easy.

The ribbon cable is a bit delicate...pretty sure it's silver wiring and just needs to be fully inserted into the connector (make sure the connector is fully pulled up...then insert ribbon cable...then push down on both sides of the connector.

Really not much to go wrong...

Since you started this thread...I went back to using the Lyra Atlas on the Nagra MM card via the EAR MC 4 SUT. (I also run it this way tube only vs the SS gain needed on the MC card). I may have to modify my comments above...I think the Rockports are revealing more...and I like the EAR SUT and Nagra MM tube only better than the Nagra MC card w SS gain engaged.

Anyway, I think you'll enjoy playing around with a SUT...pls keep posting which SUT you try and you're thoughts...