new cart 600.00 and under

hello fellow analog lovers. A friend is picking up a VPI scout and wants a cart 600.00 and under. So far the choices are, Denon, Dynavector, and clear Audio. He does not have much experience so any suggestions would be very helpful. any clear winners among this bunch? Are there any others he should consider? Thanks
chrissain
I currently use a Denon DL-S1 on Lenco L75 with a VPI JMW 12.5 with great results. Previously, I had it mounted on a VPI TNT with the same arm.

The cartridge is an excellent tracker and reproduces the entire range of sound very accurately. Voices and instruments sound like the real thing. I upgraded from a Denon 103R. The S1 is a big upgrade.

Comet Supply has it for $593.
Not sure of the going price, but the Dynavector 20x cartridge is excellent on the Scout. I had one for quite a while. Decided to try something different after reading Art Dudley's review on the ZU-DL103 cartridge. I should not have sold the Dynavector.
I would also recommend the DV20x. I had one and thought it was great. Also, you need to know what type phono pre your friend is going to use so that there will be no compatibility issues. The DV20x comes in low and high output versions. If the phono pre will support it, get the low output version. It sounds a lot better than the high output.